This was the cake I made for my god son’s first birthday. Such a cute birthday theme… Elmo. Who doesn’t love him!Again, you can use any colour combination you like.
I’ve added a picture from Wilton where they created Rock-Star Elmo.
Make 5 3/4 cups butter cream icing:
Tint 1 cup Red
Tint 1/2 cup Black
Tint 1/4 cup Brown/Orange
Tint 1/4 cup Blue
Tint 1/2 cup Light Rose
Reserve 2 1/4 cups white (thin 1cup with 1 tablespoon light corn syrup)
1. Using thinned white icing, ice cake sides and background areas smooth.
2. Use tip 3 and black icing to add outlines; outline and pipe in mouth (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
3. Cover Elmo with tip 16 red stars.
4. Cover ice cream cone with tip 16 Brown/Orange stars
5. Cover hat and brim with tip 16 yellow and blue stars (what ever design you like)
6. Cover present with tip 16 blue stars
7. Cover bow with tip 16 yellow stars
8. To recreate Wilton ice-cream: Use tip 3 Pipe white ice cream; smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Add cherry: Use tip 3 and pipe red dot cherry, building up for dimension; shape with finger dipped in cornstarch.
To recreate rainbow ice-cream: Combine multiple coloured butter cream icing into piping bag and swirl on to cake.
9. Use tip 3 Pipe white dot eyes, building up for dimension, shape with finger dipped in cornstarch.
10. Use tip 3 and pipe black dot eye centres
11. Use tip 3 and pipe orange dot nose, building up for dimension; shape with finger dipped in cornstarch.
12. Edge bottom border with tip 21 white shells.
13. Use tip 3 and pipe black outline name, or purchase sugar letters at local supermarket.
Here’s a link to the Wilton website ‘Instructions for Baking and Decorating Elmo Cake Pan‘.
Cake inspiration by Wilton